Talk

Advanced search

baby rice at 12 weeks. Advised by Health Visitor.

(4 Posts)
poshtottie Sun 25-Oct-09 09:22:40

I am looking after twins at the moment and my client had given them baby rice as advised by her Health Vistor. Only one of them took about a tsp but was very unsettled that evening. They haven't had any since.

One has been a difficult feeder and they have been treated for silent reflux and milk intolerence. They have been gaining weight and are sleeping well at night with only one night feed.

I have my opinions on this but wondered why she might have told my client to do this. Could anybody shed any light please.

TIA

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 18:47:01

An OOD (of out date) HV, it is nuts, not going to help baby either sleep or gain weight.

GhoulsafraidofVirginiaWoolf Sun 25-Oct-09 19:07:02

Your client really ought to tell the practice about this. Not only is this advice out of date but it is potentially dangerous. 12 weeks??? But that is her call, of course, not yours. As to the HV's reasons........ lawd knows. She needs to be pulled up on this though. A child that young could choke even on baby rice.

My hairdresser's mother gave her baby grandaughter yoghurt at 8 weeks shock but only a tiny bit before the mother realised what was going on. Don't think granny got to do much babysitting until that one was sorted out grin

poshtottie Mon 26-Oct-09 18:36:54

Well thats what my thoughts on the matter were too. I just wish I had been there when she suggested it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now