Talk

Advanced search

Book recommendations: somewhere between Gill Rapley and Annabel Karmel?

(4 Posts)
aquavit Wed 14-Oct-09 10:59:56

I'm beginning to think about a plan of attack for introducing solids to dd in a couple of weeks' time, and I'd quite like a good basic book that answers all the stupid questions I'm likely to have (e.g. should one reduce milk feeds and when, what about introducing formula when she's at nursery, what can't she eat...).

Can anyone recommend something they've found helpful? I think we're likely to do a mix of spooning in mushed up food, and self-feeding, and for what it is worth there is a cat in hell's chance of my making elaborate purees or following any kind of prescriptive routine.

thanks!

babyOcho Wed 14-Oct-09 11:03:16

I got the Rapley book when DD was around 8 months and had been doing BLW for 2 months. It was OK, but I wouldnt say you have to read it.

My sister lent me a couple of books but TBH I didnt end up reading them and went with the flow.

The best place for advice was here!!

witchwithallthetrimmings Wed 14-Oct-09 11:07:11

to be honest you seem to have a good view of what will work best for you. you don't need a book, imo books are for those who want o follow a prescriptive routing or who have no idea about cooking. Give her a bit of food when you eat and take her lead when it comes to milk. Knowing that the aim is not to get her to eat but to get her to eat what she needs also helped me.

aquavit Thu 15-Oct-09 09:48:03

thanks both, perhaps I'll not bother with books then (a strategy that has worked so far!). I know it's daft to think that she suddenly won't be able to tell me what she needs with regard to milk and food - we've done OK thus far on the assumption that she knows what's right.

Right, time to get used to the idea of unsalted pasta...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now