Talk

Advanced search

weaning and sleep

(6 Posts)
misspiggy31 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:18:26

My baby is 7mth i breastfeed for 6mth and have recently started weaning him onto solids and its going ok but my prob is it wasted his sleeping he gets up every 2hrs at nite. Can anyone give me some advice?

MrsBadger Tue 13-Oct-09 10:23:50

sleeping usually doesn't have much to do with starting solids unless it means he is drinking less milk during the day and making up for it at night.

misspiggy31 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:47:40

Yip he isnt drinking as much cause he is off the breast at lunch just gets milk out a cup cause i cant get baby to take a bottle.

misspiggy31 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:49:33

Any tips on how to get a baby breastfed for 6mth to take a bottle now?

BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 10:55:35

If he takes a cup, I wouldn't bother... you'll only have to wean him off the bottle in the end anyway

If you still want to, try warming the teat. Or let him play with the bottle for a bit - eventually he will get the teat into his mouth and work out he can get milk from it, which might help.

mummingbird Sat 17-Oct-09 09:13:29

I had the same problem and vari-flow teats on a Closer to Nature bottle worked for us (after trying Avent & Dr Browns to no avail)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now