Talk

Advanced search

lumps and being sick

(5 Posts)
mrsflux Sat 10-Oct-09 17:49:30

my DS has real issues with lumpy puree.

i made some fish in a cheese sauce and pureed it yesterday. there were lumps in it BUT they were SO tiny and really lots smaller than the lumps he eats when he has banana.
anyhow he chucked it all up after 3-4 mouthfuls!

this puree could not have been any smoother as i always whizz it up lots.

any hints or tips on getting lumps in and keeping them in?
or how to make it smoother?

i really want to get some fish/ chicken into him but don't want to make him sick!!!

woodforthetrees Sat 10-Oct-09 18:12:05

how old?

i alwaysfound runny with lumps wosre than thicker slighlty more pulsed food. could you mash it ??

LIZS Sat 10-Oct-09 18:12:53

how odl is ds ? Try mashing it into potato. Are you sure there weren't any bones. He maybe better with larger lumps which force him to chew rather than him thinking it will just slide down iyswim and gagging. dd had reflux and was a nightmare to wean onto lumpier and raw foods, paed told us to leave it and eventually she just helped herself !

woodforthetrees Sat 10-Oct-09 18:14:21

PS- with meat and chicken, I use mince or thigh meat for chicken- cook casserole, take meat out if chicken and pulse that til really small and then mash up the veggies so they don't have to tackle chewing meat yet but can start to feel the texture of more lumpy/mashed food IYSWIM. With a mince sort of food, I cut veggies up small and then pulse it all.

mrsflux Sun 11-Oct-09 08:21:09

He's 6 months. So yes we did start weaning early at 17 weeks but he is huge and has always been a hungry boy!

I checked the fish carefully for bones as I flaked it into the sauce. I have a thing for bones so was careful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now