Talk

Advanced search

Did your baby put on loads of weight when you started weaning?

(4 Posts)
Vizzle Wed 07-Oct-09 21:06:05

I went to the hv today and she noticed my baby had put on 2.5 pounds in a month.

She's 7 months, and this coincides with the start of weaning at 6 months.

Is this what usually happens?

The hv said to cut out sweet things. Poor baby's only had a bit of mashed banana in the way of sweet stuff! She's bf, and I've introduced one formula feed per day. Other than that, she just eats carrot, cauli, courgette type finger foods and a bit of mashed up butternut squash. Oh, and a toast or bagel soldier or two for brekkie.

I know nothing about babies, except that she's happy and healthy. She's always been at the 75th centile and now has gone nearer to 90. Any advice?

pippel Sat 10-Oct-09 10:33:57

yes but she was switched to a bottle at the same time 26 months) and to be honest I assumed it was that rather than the solids.

She went from 9th to 50th shock

then when she became more mobile she dropped back to the 9th and shes still there aged 5

pippel Sat 10-Oct-09 10:34:46

weeks not months blush

AitchTwoToTangOh Sat 10-Oct-09 10:48:27

might just be a growth spurt in preparation for more moving around. she'll be crawling/cruisin/walking soon. i think her diet sounds fine, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now