Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeding Out and About

(5 Posts)
Greatgoing Tue 22-Sep-09 09:50:19

My son has taken really well to the foods I have given him. I started weaning him two weeks ago (he is now 5 months old), and I feed him one meal a day of a savoury puree (lentil, carrot, veg, etc) and a sweet puree (apricot, plum, banana etc). All are home made and he has a very good appetite and has not refused anything. I am way past the 'ice cube' stage and he is eating a proper portion of food for each little meal. I have kept all breastfeeds in place.

So...tomorrow we are going out for lunch and I would like to take his portion of savoury meal with us. After being really confident about the process so far I am suddenly a bit wobbly; do I defrost it beforehand- how long will it last in my bag? Do I let it defrost in the morning of its own accord? Is it ok to ask a pub to heat it? I am sure he would eat it cold.

Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks

Seona1973 Tue 22-Sep-09 12:48:24

I used to heat the food to piping hot before going out and then it would have cooled down by the time we were getting our own food. The pub may not heat food for you due to 'health and safety' so maybe check beforehand if they could do it for you.

hanaflowerhatestheDM Tue 22-Sep-09 12:51:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seona1973 Tue 22-Sep-09 12:55:10

or take a banana and mash it when you get there

Greatgoing Tue 22-Sep-09 14:54:11

Great, thanks. I experimented this morning and his lunch defrosted really well and was more than palatable. Banana a good idea too- and avocado which I forgot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now