Talk

Advanced search

Bother! Been sucked into debate on another site!

(7 Posts)
bambipie Mon 21-Sep-09 12:46:54

...again!
It's a site with a name similar to this!

I must stop but it just really gets to me that people don't understand that anecdotes don't = evidence, that 'risk' doesn't mean you will definately die imediately and think that 'science' is all just made up to annoy mothers!

It makes me so frustrated that we are such a badly educated country science-wise!

Ewe Mon 21-Sep-09 12:49:03

Just don't go there, don't do it to yourself. They are all weaning at 3 weeks old, think breastfeeding is weird and are just generally thick as two short planks.

Stay here where everyone is clever and witty grin

WoTmania Mon 21-Sep-09 13:57:38

I think I found it grin. You poor thing having to put up with that level of fuckwittery.
I'll echo Ewe

Ewe Mon 21-Sep-09 14:26:46

I decided to go and have a general look about over there and remain astonished by how BLOODY THICK they all seem.

It is annoying and dangerous the crap they spout.

WoTmania Mon 21-Sep-09 16:51:47

yup.

bambipie Mon 21-Sep-09 17:20:30

I even emailed the moderator a few weeks ago, pointing out that mothers were being given wrong / dangerous advice (rusk in 12 week old's bottle deemed to be fine) and pointed out that the website's official advisors (which they have) ought to step in with the correct advice. They just replied that everyone has their own opinion, it's a forum etc. I, however, think that people really trust these sites and that the moderators have a responsibility to post and point out when dangerous advice is being given!

WoTmania Mon 21-Sep-09 18:18:44

Seriously Bambipie shock
So, if someone was on there telling them to rub gin on their gums to help teething pains do you think they'd still think everyone has a right to their opinion?
That is dreadful.
As far as rusks in bottles goes it's not just opinion, there is a very real risk of kidney damage.

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now