Talk

Advanced search

My dd wont eat from a spoon

(6 Posts)
brewsterbear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:20:19

My DD is 6 months and I was planning on weaning her with a mixture of finger foods with the few odd spoons of porridge etc. as I did my eldest DD. However she point blank refuses to be spoonfed!

She has had toast, broccoli, potato, banana (which she could not get a grip on at all), asparagus, rice cakes. I think I will keep going down the BLW route but am stuck for ideas- do you bother with recipes or just keep feeding veg? What about things like pancakes? or fishcakes?
Any great ideas for a new BLWer?

Louby3000 Wed 16-Sep-09 11:26:19

What about making some puree stuff that she can dip finger foods into and lick off? If you dont mind the mess this is a good way to get more variety and flavours into her diet.
Also what about giving her a spoon to hold that has sticky food on it. I stick bits of cheese, avacado, pasta, mash potato,mashed anything really to a spoon and then hand it to my DS. He then feeds himself.

brewsterbear Wed 16-Sep-09 12:25:33

Thanks will deffo try that- I have handed her the spoon a few times and she seems quite keen just as long as she is in charge- any intervention from me results in a 'arghhh'! Do you make all the food quite thick? Is the pasta quite overcooked too?

Louby3000 Wed 16-Sep-09 15:31:12

Yes I do make it all a bit thicker and see how we get on, and just have some cooled boiled water in a cup to thin it down if needs be.
Pasta is quite cooked, I give my DS big bits of "adult" pasta, fusilli is a good one to grab onto, penne is too slippy!
Good Luck

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 16-Sep-09 15:43:52

Hi brewsterbear

I stopped using salt in cooking and just gave DD a bit of whatever we were having smile

Knickers0nmahead Wed 16-Sep-09 15:48:27

Give her anything you have. Ds is nearly 11 months and has only just started having things from a spoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now