Talk

Advanced search

Made baby rice for DS2 5 months nearly ...

(3 Posts)
Shell001 Sat 12-Sep-09 20:49:58

He ate all made up as directed on packet ( one teaspoon ) 20 ml water no milk as didnt have time to express today ..

They say in books on packet one or two spoons will be all they take at first ... ?

Should i keep to baby rice for just a few weeks then introduce other flavours ..

DS1 weaned slowly and cannot find book i went from ..

herbgarden Sat 12-Sep-09 21:05:54

I think my dd could take about 2 tspns (is that about a 5/10ml?) mixed into water to make sloppy at that stage.

I started with baby rice at about 5 months like you with a bit of puree at lunch (11ish) and baby rice with veg at about 5ish. I then moved on to pure veg /carb mix about 2 weeks later and then introduced some protein by 6 months. DD is now 7.5 months and she's on breakfast porridge with fruit, a protein/veggie mix lunch at 12ish and a carby type tea at 5ish...we're on 3 milk feeds a day. I cooked up some stuff pre going back to work so we're working our way through that at the moment.

As to amounts - she seems to take about 150mls of food at lunch/tea - (only know as there are measuring lines on the tupperware stuff I use - didn't realise they were there when I bought them ) - which is about 10 15ml tablespoons of food (or one of those icecube thingies).

Does that help ?

MrsJamin Mon 14-Sep-09 19:47:09

you know you don't have to do baby rice at all don't you? it's pretty tasteless stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now