Talk

Advanced search

Wipes

(10 Posts)
Pinkmarshmallow Thu 10-Sep-09 14:17:19

DD 6 months, weaning, so messy. I'm using same kind of wipes as I use when changing her nappy... that ok or should I be using ones especially for face and hands, think I saw some advertised in Boots. I keep a pack in the kitchen for easy, quick access. I know I could use a wet cloth kept just for her, but throw-away wipes are so handy....what do you all use? Thanks.

Teenytiny Thu 10-Sep-09 14:19:23

Hiya i just use the baby wipes i use for nappy changes. if your worried you could use unscented baby wipes x

BornToFolk Thu 10-Sep-09 14:23:51

I use the 20p face cloths from Tesco. I have about 20 and just chuck them into a bucket in the kitchen after use.

Leaving all cost/environmental issues aside, I find a wet face cloths clean all that muck off much better than wipes anyway.

MrsBadger Thu 10-Sep-09 14:28:56

yy flannels, they are great

I chuck straight into washign machine after use

the posho 'embossed' wipes you get are just trying to get close to the muck-grabbing qualities of a flannel

iwantitnow Thu 10-Sep-09 15:14:33

Have you ever tried wiping your own face with baby wipes - I think its horrid. I use flannels for the baby and tesco value facial wipes for my toddler.

aendr Thu 10-Sep-09 21:50:36

I just got a couple of packs of cheap flannels from Ikea and use water. We've even taken to using them for our own hands after finger foods. The worst bits, yes I occasionally use a "bottom" wipe, but from a "face only" packet.

cara2244 Thu 10-Sep-09 22:32:45

I use a flannel and wash it through afterwards with hot water, then put in the washing machine once a week.

Once BB got to about 7.5 months, I started sitting him at the edge of the sink and washing his hands and face with the tap. I only use flannels now if things are really messy!

BertieBotts Fri 11-Sep-09 23:46:42

I use flannels with warm water from the tap, it works better on food (especially greasy things like spag bol)

Or I just chuck him straight in the sink/bath if it's really bad grin

I use baby wipes when out though, I tend to use huggies/pampers wipes as they are a bit thicker and feel nicer than e.g. Tescos own which I use for nappy changes.

BertieBotts Fri 11-Sep-09 23:48:24

Oh also I do a 60 degree wash every so often for all the muslins, bibs, facecloths, dishcloths, it stops them from smelling musty. And never use fabric softener on this wash.

bambipie Sat 12-Sep-09 17:36:38

Kitchen paper with a bit of water here.

Actually I've just realised that's really stupid because I've been washing nappies for 18 months and could really have washed flannels too. Damn it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now