Talk

Advanced search

9 month old - Quorn

(6 Posts)
mummyandbaby Tue 08-Sep-09 13:22:10

Is it ok to give my 9 month old DS Quorn. It would make it easier as we try to give him the same as we have.

bumpybecky Tue 08-Sep-09 13:24:56

I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to give it to babies under 1 year old. Not sure why I think that though (apart from being a regular quorn eater and having small people!)

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 08-Sep-09 13:26:53

It's fine to give, but is very filling without giving them a lot of calories/nutrients, so not advised to give too often, or to babies who are struggling to gain weight.

bumpybecky Tue 08-Sep-09 13:27:34

well the food standards agency says it's ok from 9 months, so I guess either I was wrong, or they've changed the advice.

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesandstages/childrenandbabies/#A416341

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 08-Sep-09 13:29:16

From quorn's own website:

Is Quorn ok for my baby?
Quorn products are perfectly safe for children and babies but because of the high energy requirements demanded by the rapidly growing child, we do not recommend that Quorn products replace meat totally in the diet of young children and babies (less than 3 years old) because of their low energy densities(number of calories per gram) and satiating (satisfaction of appetite) effects. However as part of a well balanced diet Quorn products are perfectly safe to introduce to young children in small amounts.

mummyandbaby Tue 08-Sep-09 16:41:10

Thanks for your replies. I did not think to look on their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now