Talk

Advanced search

Posh wedding + early weaning without tears? Suggestions for foods to take with me please!

(8 Posts)
BettyFriedan Mon 07-Sep-09 16:04:59

Hello I've got to go to a wedding on Saturday - real Four Weddings type in a marquee that starts at 1.30 and goes on til way into the evening.
DD is only about ten days into weaning.
It's the first time I've seen a lot of people since the birth so I would prefer to try to look serene, calm and elegant.
However I'll settle for looking reasonably ok, aim not to have my knickers tucked into my skirt and and hope to avoid having food all down me grin.
Any suggestions for food I could take? No idea what the menu is. I have been doing BLW but not sure if that is practical, and am not averse to taking something baby-riceish although not likely to be less messy I guess....

Indith Mon 07-Sep-09 16:15:51

If you've only been doing it a few days she will probably be happy on mostly milk. I'd take some rice cakes and just give her a few bits of veg off your plate. Slices of melon are pretty clean to eat too and don't leave much of a trail.

MrsBadger Mon 07-Sep-09 16:17:57

tbh if you are only 10d in I'd skip food that day and just give her milk, and if she swipes the bread roll off your side plate you can tell everyone how advanced she is...

(NB sleeved bibs are your friend. Get lots)

cara2244 Mon 07-Sep-09 21:08:14

I agree - skip food and just give milk. My 8.5 month old will still happily skip meals and have milk instead.

geordieminx Mon 07-Sep-09 21:11:10

Take some bits to keep her occupied, but fill her up with milk.

Ideas for easy BLW snacks - rice cakes, bread sticks, rasins, cucumber, cereal, fruit, cheese etc

CMOTdibbler Mon 07-Sep-09 21:14:11

I'd def go for just letting her swipe bread and veggies, but mainly just giving milk.

SillyBillyz bibs are the best I found - the fleece front makes food stick to them better, and they don't stain

Habbibu Wed 09-Sep-09 22:44:31

I did exactly this, except me being me, forgot to take anything. So dd, aged 6 months, had cucumber and tomato from starter, some broccoli and carrot from main course, and a cooked peach from pudding. Not sure how much went in, but she was very very happy, entertained everyone at the table and had breastfeeds to fill her up. It was fab.

Take A Lot of muslins and cover both you and her in them if you take this route.

BettyFriedan Fri 11-Sep-09 17:41:12

Thanks for all the advice - will see how it goes tomorrow. Am loading up on muslins and rice cakes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now