Talk

Advanced search

Greek yoghurt + fruit puree is yuk according to DS

(3 Posts)
iwantitnow Fri 04-Sep-09 13:46:10

So decided to give two firsts today to DS - brocolli which he loved and yoghurt mixed with home made fruit puree. He rejected the yoghurt and pulled great faces - it did taste very tart/sour to me and I like plain yoghurt. What am I doing wrong - sure if I mixed it up with a fruit puree with dried apricots it would be sweet enough. Checked the organic baby yoghurts that sweeten with fruit juice I'm sure he would eat those. Any tips? With a toddler to look after too to look after as well as a 6 month old feel very tempted to just buy the rachel's/sainsburys yoghurt. DD hates yoghurt and dairy stuff and she is nearly 3 so I am keen for DS to enjoy dairy.

BertieBotts Sun 06-Sep-09 20:55:45

The tesco's own creamy fruit yoghurts (pack of 4 - apricot, rhubarb, strawberry, raspberry) are nice and they are full-fat so suitable for babies. DS eats about 3/4 of one in one sitting (he is 11 months though) so I just share one with him.

I am not a fan of plain yoghurt myself as I find it too sour so I wouldn't have thought to feed it to DS, HTH

iwantitnow Mon 07-Sep-09 21:39:04

Tried sainsbury fromage frais and rachels childrens yoghurts - I think I have another non-yoghurt eater on my hands, will give it another go in a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now