Talk

Advanced search

BLW a la francais

(7 Posts)
lobsters Wed 02-Sep-09 17:24:18

We off on hols next week, and I'm just beginning to wonder if there are any issues about certain french foods, esp shellfish, pate, cheeses? Anything we should avoid or tips on good new foods to try?

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 20:46:41

How old is your baby?

lobsters Wed 02-Sep-09 20:52:27

Ooops, should have mentioned that, she'll be 8 months while we're away. So far no allergic reactions and no allegies in the family.

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 21:03:28

Sorry lobsters I don't... actually... know blush but thought it would be a bump as well.

I think if it were me I'd just keep foods fairly simple but not stress too much either. I don't think I'd give shellfish but let her try different cheeses if she were interested. I don't remember my DS eating much more than a bit of toast and pear etc at that age.

cara2244 Thu 03-Sep-09 20:32:17

I think you're meant to avoid unpastuerised cheeses before a year because of the slight risk of listeria - I don't give my 8.5mo brie, stilton etc.

poppy34 Thu 03-Sep-09 20:40:16

lobsters - french pastries (esp brioche and bread) dead popular with my dd. she also seems to like ham, steak, fish indeed anything off my plate. quite likes lettuce with dressing.

re the cheeses/pate - my view is if I know the shop and its been kept properly (there is a shop near our place that gets fresh stuff in daily) I'd probably risk it but not if I don't know how long its been around and probably not pate in restaurants.

that said would echo princess that dd only really got into the blw in a big way over last couple of months (she is now 14 months).

lobsters Fri 04-Sep-09 08:35:01

Ta for the advice, I'm sure she'll mainly eat bagette, but I'm wondering whether to try her with mussels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now