Talk

Advanced search

Daft fromage frais question -

(10 Posts)
babyignoramus Tue 01-Sep-09 17:09:07

I bought DS some petit filous (he is 6 months) - is there any reason I can't buy the tesco value version of the same thing or do petit filous have something 'special' about them..?

I am poor!!

norktasticninja Tue 01-Sep-09 17:16:26

Unsweetened fromage frais (or yoghurt) that you can add fruit to yourself is the best thing and almost certainly cheaper!

sweetkitty Tue 01-Sep-09 17:24:16

petit filous aren't that great full of sugar, agree get a big pot of yoghurt and some fruit puree

We do buy Rachel's yoghurts which are just yoghurt and fruit puree nothing else added

babyignoramus Tue 01-Sep-09 17:28:02

smashin'.

ta!

Schrodinger Tue 01-Sep-09 17:29:22

There isn't anything 'special' about petit filous, little stars, etc. If you want special ones, go for organic (doesn't matter if they're branded or not)

full fat greek yoghurt with fruit puree is brilliant though btw. There's nothing wrong with petit filous, unless you object to the sugar.

Incidentally, I think Sainsbury's own brand have less sugar in them (quoting someone else on here, so second hand info)

chocolatefudgebrownie Tue 01-Sep-09 17:36:33

We use the tesco value fromage frais, I think they taste lovely. Converted from Little stars. Plus my 2 dc's love them. It's only a small amount of sugar, so I am not overly concerned!

naomi45 Tue 01-Sep-09 19:32:50

i bought rachel's and plum as they don't have any added sugar and then found out sainsbury's own FF (6 for £1) also don;t have any added sugar so now use these and they taste just as good.

saltyseadog Tue 01-Sep-09 19:34:14

I converted from PF to Tesco Value fromage frais for dd - if you look at the ingredients there appears to be b*gger all difference.

dan39 Wed 02-Sep-09 20:58:13

you can't beat the Sainsburys own brand 6 for a quid with no added sugar...

HarryB Thu 03-Sep-09 15:35:30

I have been giving DS Little Stars for a week or so now, but think I'll switch. I didn't realise there was added sugar - I thought the sugar was all natural from the fruit. Bugger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now