Talk

Advanced search

Finger Food - help!

(7 Posts)
Clairencharlie Fri 28-Aug-09 17:18:42

I have a 10 month old baby boy and despite placing a small amount of finger food on his high chair everyday he shows no interest in putting it in his mouth. He tends to play with it and fling it over the side as if it is a toy or game. He is a very good eater and will happily eat a mountain of lumpy food but it has to be off the spoon.

He is currently settling into nursery and they have said that I must try and encourage him more but I am drawing a blank.

Has anyone and the same problem or got any suggestions?

Thanks!

MrsBadger Fri 28-Aug-09 18:14:26

so he is spooning for himself?

Clairencharlie Fri 28-Aug-09 19:30:41

He has a go but doesn't go anywhere near his mouth and often flings the spoon around too.

MrsBadger Fri 28-Aug-09 19:50:11

so you are still feeding him everything yourself?
what would happen if you presented him with a bowl and spoon and sat and ate your own lunch beside him?

would he make an exception for eg biscuits?

Clairencharlie Fri 28-Aug-09 22:56:38

I could try that - and yes, biscuits and Organix Carrot Stix crisps he'll happily eat himself...

Rhian82 Sun 30-Aug-09 18:18:27

DS is ten months old and he's only just got the hang of finger foods - literally in the last week or so. Before that he was exactly as you describe. So he may be just around the corne...

mumtojohn Mon 31-Aug-09 19:06:14

My 8 mo won't do finger foods either. He eats well off the spoon. I am going to take Rhian82's advice and chill out and wait for it to happen (I put up a post the other day worried about exactly the same thing).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now