Talk

Advanced search

Weaning and frequent pooing

(6 Posts)
hungrierhippo Tue 25-Aug-09 13:33:57

Have been weaning DS2 who is now just over 6 months for the past few weeks.

He was more or less sleeping through the night but is now waking a couple of times to poo. He did poo once a day (sorry if tmi) but now poos all the time. He also has terrible nappy rash.

Is this something that will calm down once his system gets used to solids or is something disagreeing with him?

Batitha Tue 25-Aug-09 14:13:14

We have the same problem so I'd be interested in hearing views on whether this is normal. DS certainly isn't constipated (4 poos already today and counting) but he does burst into tears when he's doing one so I don't know whether they are hurting him or whether he just doesn't like the new sensation (he stops crying as quickly as he started).

Rhian82 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:50:39

Don't really know anything, but DS is ten months and has been known to do 7 in a day! Normally 4-5 though, and he doesn't at night.

Blondie79 Tue 25-Aug-09 18:03:12

Experiencing the same thing with DC3 who is 7 months old - has really bad nappy rash and pooing about 5 times a day (really messy ones) I have put it down to teething as my two others did exactly the same thing just before their teeth started breaking through.

hungrierhippo Tue 25-Aug-09 18:05:21

ah, that might be it. DS doesn't have any yet but think one is on its way

greensnail Tue 25-Aug-09 20:02:10

we're having the same thing here - I was thinking it is more teeth on the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now