Talk

Advanced search

confused about what time of day to introduce food

(5 Posts)
Welshygirl Thu 20-Aug-09 17:20:54

Hi

I am going to start weaning in a couple of weeks but am clueless about when it is best to first introduce food.

Currently my baby (FF) has a feed at 7ish, 10ish, 12.30-1ish 3ish 6ish and dreamfeed at 11pm. When do you think would be a good time to start?

I guess the idea is to introduce at around about a meal time but which would be best and what did you do? Thanks

Seona1973 Thu 20-Aug-09 19:59:25

you could either offer a little bit of something around the 10am feed (best to do it in the daytime in case of any reaction) or offer something at one of your mealtimes instead (the solids dont need to be given with a milk feed)

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Aug-09 20:04:24

well you would normally offer milk and then ffood, so just pick a mealtime that is easiest for you and give it then.

so either after the 7am one for breakfast, or after the 12.30 one for lunch etc

MrsJamin Thu 20-Aug-09 20:34:30

depends, if you're spoonfeeding I don't know, but I did baby-led weaning so offered food whenever I was eating - i.e. at 6 months a day offered 3 lots of food, as he ate very little to begin with.

PolkSaladLucie Fri 21-Aug-09 10:15:26

I give my 6 month old some solid food about 60-90 minutes after her milk feed. Morning, lunch and mid-afternoon, and then her last milk feed is bedtime. That gives her enough time to get hungry for solid food, and then enough time to get hungry for her next milk feed.

We do BLW so it's hard to tell how much she has, but she's putting the weight on and seems happy, so I guess it's enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now