Talk

Advanced search

What if baby doesn't like food?!

(5 Posts)
MHill Sun 16-Aug-09 22:15:54

Hi

Mumsnet got me through the early days of breastfeeding (DD1 6 months old and until last week was EBF - Yeah!) and am hoping you can do the same with weaning!
This is a bit of a silly question - what should we do if she doens't like something we give her?! We started weaning last week and are going the AK/puree route. Tried carrot today - her responses made it quite clear she didn't think much of it so after a few tries we gave up and gave her more milk instead. Is this the right thing to do, or do you think it is better to give baby rice or some other alternative so that she gets some solids for the day?
Thanks in advance

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 16-Aug-09 22:22:41

I'd try one food at a time and if she doesn't seem keen just leave solids for the day. But try again a few days later with carrot again because it takes them a few tries to get used to tastes. The face DD pulled when she first tried brocolli was hilarious, she looked as though she was about the throw up and was frantically rubbing at her mouth with her hands as if trying to get rid of the disgusting taste! But now she's tried it about three times and seems quite happy to eat it.

MHill Tue 18-Aug-09 11:56:56

Thanks for the reply iwouldgoouttonight - i will stick with it and keep my fingers crossed!

MrsBadger Tue 18-Aug-09 12:31:49

... and remember they don't need the solids at this stage, all her nutrition is still coming from milk, so never worry about how much she eats

and don't feel you have to stick to AK's timetable - better to do dd some of whatever veg you and dh are having for your dinner and not go mad making vats of puree just for her... especially when it could turn out that she doesn;t like it

don't forget to chuck some finger food her way too, just for the fun of it for dd

MHill Wed 19-Aug-09 12:46:33

Thanks MrsB - good to know she doesn't need the solids - that removes some of the stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now