Talk

Advanced search

Help - hungry 4 mth old, to wean or not?

(6 Posts)
Ginga66 Thu 06-Aug-09 23:09:57

My baby wants feeding every two to three hours even at night! HV not sure if growth spurt or need to start on some puree. I love feeding him but am sooooooooooooo tired.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 06-Aug-09 23:11:54

Likely to be growth spurt. And milk has more calories than puree.

I sympathise on the tiredness though.

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Aug-09 23:22:42

WSS!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 06-Aug-09 23:26:35

It's very likely to be a growth spurt. Just try and rest as much as possible and go with it for a couple of days and things should improve. I remember DS doing exactly the same thing at that age and it was an absolute killer! I let housework etc slide for a few days and just rested whenever DS napped.

I never understand why HVs recommend solids at this stage. There are so few calories in a bit of pureed veg. Just stick with the milk.

If it helps, for me this growth spurt at 4 months was the last big hurdle. Once we were over this, things got so much easier - in general and in terms of BFing. Good luck - this will pass!

pinkspottywellies Fri 07-Aug-09 21:46:02

Growth spurt. Grin and bear it!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Aug-09 21:50:19

Very, very likely to be the 16 week growth spurt which has felt like a killer both times round for me. My boys were both on 98th percentile, and the only way to get through this bit is to give in and feed, feed and feed some more - baby and you!

It's so hard I know but is well worth it. Once you get through the next few days it's plain sailing until 26 weeks when you can wean safe in the knowledge that you've done your absolute best for your lo.

Milk is indeed far more calorific than any fruit or veg and bm is still much easier to prepare!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now