Talk

Advanced search

What's a foon?

(15 Posts)
IsItMeOr Thu 06-Aug-09 21:48:55

Got home from the shops with one the other day (in my defence, it was part of a set), and DH thinks it is short for "fool's spoon".

Anybody know what it's for?

CMOTdibbler Thu 06-Aug-09 21:51:11

To confuse small children who either want a fork (to stab) or a spoon to scoop. I suspect it to be too blunt to stab anything that a spoon couldn't

Hormonesnomore Thu 06-Aug-09 21:54:02

was it from a spork and foon set?

RedDeadFail Thu 06-Aug-09 21:55:26

It's just like one of those things you get in a prepackaged pasta salad from Boots. It's a spoon with little prongs in the end so half fork half spoon. Foon. Could be a spork too.

Pretty useless for anything.

IsItMeOr Thu 06-Aug-09 22:07:34

It was from a spoon and foon set (I know, I know).

It looks like a spoon, but with 2 or 3 slits in it, but no stabby bits.

It's useless, isn't it? DH is right.

CMOTdibbler Thu 06-Aug-09 22:14:07

I see that it is to 'aid transition to a fork'. I can't see how ?

Ds transitioned to a fork by having one to use...

IsItMeOr Thu 06-Aug-09 22:29:03

That is precisely the set I bought blush. I was hastily looking for something to put in DS's toybox as friend had advised that was a good idea for BLW...I really only wanted the spoon.

mummalish Sat 08-Aug-09 09:10:13

I noticed it too, maybe its for eating cereal, so that the milk drips through the slats and more cereal stays on the foon.

Useless item I think.

FaintlyMacabre Sun 09-Aug-09 20:51:13

It is indeed totally useless. Unfortunately the spoon that comes with it is a very good 'starter' spoon for self-feeders so I did actually buy it. I've no idea how it will aid transition to a fork- it can't spear anything and DS has shown no signs of trying to balance peas on the back of it.

IsItMeOr Mon 10-Aug-09 09:32:47

Thanks FaintlyMacabre - I thought the spoon looked good. We're not ready to start weaning quite yet, but it does my head in a bit trying to anticipate what we're going to need without buying loads of useless crap.

puffylovett Mon 10-Aug-09 09:41:39

same thing as a spork isn't it ? grin

Useless IMO. Didn't use one. But we find the kiddies cutlery sets are also utter useless, the forks just aren't sharp enough to stab anything <sigh>

puffylovett Mon 10-Aug-09 09:42:26

'utterly' uselss blush

BertieBotts Mon 10-Aug-09 09:48:03

I started a thread about this before grin

It's like the opposite of a spork!

I found the Tommee Tippee spoon, fork and knife sets good. Tesco also do an own brand one which is identical. The spoon is nearly flat but does work for scooping up semi-solid things like yoghurt. The fork is pretty rounded but their food is all soft to begin with anyway so I found it useful for spearing slippery things like pasta and chunks of tomato when DS couldn't get hold of them. Knife still pointless but might get use out of it when DS does start using cutlery.

NorbertDentressangle Mon 10-Aug-09 09:48:59

Is it my imagination or does the foon on that link not even have prongs?

Its just a spoon with holes in -what use is that? hmm

pigleychez Mon 10-Aug-09 10:06:22

That "foon" is useless. Whats it meant to do??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now