Talk

Advanced search

what weaning book would you recommend?

(12 Posts)
jkb Wed 05-Aug-09 20:26:14

Hello

My DD will be weaning in a few weeks.. She is currently BF & has a Dairy allergy (I have to be completly dairy free). We discovered this after she has awfull silent reflux... after being on lots of meds,& none of them working.. consultant advised me to cut out milk products.... BINGO.. she was better!!

Anyway.... When I do wean her.. what book do you think is good for recipe idea's & what to give & when ??

Thank you

MrsBadger Wed 05-Aug-09 20:31:47

recommended age to start weaning is 26wks

I never went a bundle on 'recipes' and just gave dd bits of what we were eating - toast, fruit and veg sticks (cooked for hard stuff)

Starting with finger food like this is often called 'baby led weaning' as they control what they pick up and what goes in!

haventsleptforayear Wed 05-Aug-09 20:33:32

I think for that kind of thing you'd be better off getting recipes off the internet, and only printing them when you are sure she likes them.

At that age it's mostly simple purées anyway - ie one or two veg.

I have a fairly untouched annabel Karmel book but there is loads on the web.

BertieBotts Wed 05-Aug-09 20:33:47

Baby Led Weaning by Gill Rapley

MrsBadger Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:29

(NB at 26wks there is absolutley no need to puree anything)

try som ebooks from the libar

MrsBadger Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:54

sorry

'some books from the library'

AitchTwoOh Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:59

if you look www.babyledweaning.com there are quite a few dairy free recipes, there, and in the recipes section of the forum.

jkb Wed 05-Aug-09 20:38:09

thank u all x
.. tried the babyledweaning link.. it doesent work.. maybe the site is down

AitchTwoOh Wed 05-Aug-09 20:44:46

panic not, it's my site, it'll just be the techy guy arsing around... would you mind trying again tomorrow? smile

jkb Wed 05-Aug-09 21:04:04

yes i will try again tomm ... Thank u

AitchTwoOh Wed 05-Aug-09 21:15:38

try here in the recipes section and then check the other link. smile

carolineurch Mon 10-Aug-09 18:31:25

would highly recommend optimum nutrition for babies by lucy burney http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optimum-Nutrition-Babies-Young-Children/dp/0749926228/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&s=b ooks&qid=1249925396&sr=8-1\

I have a slight dairy intolerance and my sister is a coeliac so I had to be careful because of the family history when weaning my little one - he's now 8 months and is doing really well. The book caters for both wheat free and diary free diets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now