Talk

Advanced search

13 month old, been ill only drinking milk. Come and reassure...

(3 Posts)
PiggyPenguin Wed 05-Aug-09 12:28:43

My 13 month old has been poorly recently and hasn't eaten anything for a week. He has picked up his milk uptake quite a bit though. He is sick if eats so obviously not able to eat again yet but I am a bit worried about his weight. He is never a good eater and is a small weight gain baby. Just for reassurance, someone tell me that the extra milk is helping keep his weight up while he is not eating.

Please...

cheezcurl Wed 05-Aug-09 13:58:40

Milk is one of the most calorific foods so the extra milk will definitely be helping keep his weight up. It is one of the best things he could be having under the circumstances. Don't worry, his appetite will pick up again once he feels better. If you are very worried maybe you should have him checked by your GP again.

PiggyPenguin Wed 05-Aug-09 17:31:28

thank you! I know there is nothing else I can do, the poor thing vomits on even the slightest bit of food but is drinking milk ok. I am just feeling a bit panicky and wanted a bit of hand holding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now