Talk

Advanced search

BLW and citrus fruit

(6 Posts)
Hulla Tue 04-Aug-09 13:27:43

Can I give dd satsuma/orange pieces? If so, is the skin a problem?

I wondered if there was an allergy thing with citrus fruit or it might be hard on her stomach?

She's 6 months old.

Puddlet Tue 04-Aug-09 13:37:48

I didn't rush into citrus - I was worried that the acid would create interesting explosions in her nappy. But by about 10 months she was enjoying satsuma segments and I never peeled them. Maybe start with some of the summer berries that are around at the moment instead.

greensnail Tue 04-Aug-09 13:42:03

DD loves oranges and satsumas, she had them quite early on, with no problems.

Hulla Tue 04-Aug-09 16:02:11

Thanks both of you. I tried dd with strawberries before I knew they could cause problems so I might hang fire on the citrus then.

babber Tue 04-Aug-09 21:12:47

Whats the problen with strawberries??? My DS has treid them (6.5 months) and seemed to enjoy and i didn't notice any side effects... hope i haven't caused any harm? he has also had satsuma although i did bite the skin off for him as 1st time when i didn't he ended up chewing it for ages (noticed he still had it in his mouth hours later... chubby hamster cheeks...)
he loves cherries (obviously with stone taken out)

greensnail Tue 04-Aug-09 21:58:30

Its fairly common for babies to react to strawberries. DD loves them, had a slight rash from them once (prob about the 3rd time she ate them) but has been fine since. If you've not noticed any problems with DS then nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now