Talk

Advanced search

15 month old won't drink milk

(3 Posts)
goingnowherefast Tue 04-Aug-09 10:43:17

I didn't know where to put this really!

My 15 month old won't touch cows milk, not even on cereal. She used to eat a yoghurt a day but now she seems to be going off those as well! She is still breastfed, but our halth visitor (also a bfc) said she's need about 27 oz of breastmilk a day to get her calcium allowance, and I can't see that she has anywhere near that!
She does eat cheese, do I just give her loads of cheese?! Green leafy veg doesn't go down that well either. Any other ideas?

Thank you

Seona1973 Tue 04-Aug-09 11:45:59

the equivalent of 350mls (approx 12oz) of cows milk is the guideline for the intake after 1 year. Cows milk may have more calcium than breastmilk but the calcium in breastmilk is more bioavailable than from cows milk.

See kellymom for more info.

iwantitnow Tue 04-Aug-09 15:17:42

My DD has never liked milk or anything milky like her father, and at the same stage as yours got most of her daily requirement from breastmilk I hoped. When she self weaned at nearly 2 I tried getting as much cheese or yoghurt into her. What worked for us was mini breadsticks dipped into cream cheese, crackers and cheese, squashams (dreadful marketing tool but those plastic strawberries or raspberries they sell filled with yoghurt), yeo valley chocolate mouse about 90% milk or cream, vrai organic creme caramels or yoghurt ice cream or homemade icecream. DD hates cheese sauces or just plain milk. I now buy pink milk i.e strawberry milk as a treat from M&S or Waitrose saying Lola drinks it from Charlie & Lola. Good luck hope it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now