Talk

Advanced search

BLW inspiration needed!!!

(5 Posts)
babber Tue 04-Aug-09 10:41:03

have been BLW for 3 weeks and DS really enjoying himself. My problem is that i'm running out of ideas! Dinner time not too bad as i just try and give him whatever we're having (or leftovers from night before if too early) its mainly lunchtime and brekkie i'm having trouble with - i always seem to give him either something on toast or something on rice cakes... would like to be more adventourous
any ideas???
(bearing in mind that hes not great at holding things yet)
Thanks!

KirstyJC Tue 04-Aug-09 10:47:21

Soup can be fun. Very messy though! I break up big chunks of bread, and put them in some soup in a bowl that sticks to the tray. (Well, it's supposed to stick - usually lasts about 5 mins before he puts it on his headgrin).

Also scrambled eggs, left in quite large pieces. Slices of cucumber and tomato always go down well, as do strawberries / raspberries / bits of banana. For brekkie he likes porridge - I give him some of mine, loading up a spoon and helping him guide it to his mouth. He also likes it if I 'dump' a big bit of porridge on the highchair tray, and he uses his fists to pick it up and smear it over his face. I think some gets in eventually!grin

Although I have to say, he does get a lot of bread too - it's his favourite thing!

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 11:13:20

mini shredded wheat, sploshed with milk to soften, are very good for breakfast

diedandgonetodevon Tue 04-Aug-09 11:27:53

Omlettes cut into strips go down well here as do chunks of fruit (especially watermelon) for breakfast. Also crumpets or tea cakes with plenty of butter make a nice change from toast.
Sometimes at the weekends we will have pancakes too.

Jacket potatoes, sandwiches or pasta tend to be our lunch time staples.

Hulla Tue 04-Aug-09 13:23:07

Left over steamed veg from night before (or steamed quickly that day).

Pasta with cheese/ tomato & basil sauce

Yoghurt loaded on a spoon (breakfast)

Mango/melon/strawberries - very popular too!

I know what you mean though, I struggle too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now