Talk

Advanced search

Good puree to make with sweetcorn?

(13 Posts)
titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 11:48:16

I have one of these food mills and I want to try sweetcorn with something. Any recommendations?

DD needs fattening up and she seems to like chewing on indiv. kernels but she takes about, oh AN HOUR chewing each one... and mummy would like her to eat a litle more than this.

thoughts appreciated.

titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 11:49:02

does creamed sweetcorn work with anything? I cannot stand the stuff myself, but she needs all the calories she can get so...

wuglet Mon 03-Aug-09 11:52:16

I'm sorry I have no sweetcorn recipes - just checking how your DD (and you) are doing?
Does she need any further treatment following the surgery?

Total guess as I feel I have to say something....what about a bit of tuna with it?

bubblagirl Mon 03-Aug-09 11:57:20

what about a chicken and sweetcorn soup that yummy you can mush down the sweetcorn in the soup

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 11:58:56

creamed sweetcorn just as it is, or thinned with milk, is pretty good

how old is she? am not up on your backstory, sorry

are you adding butter / olive oil / creamed coconut to everything?

peanut butter? chips? avocado?

bubblagirl Mon 03-Aug-09 11:59:04

found this page

HeadFairy Mon 03-Aug-09 12:02:48

I think sweetcorn goes with lots of things.... I used to add some full fat cream cheese to it sometimes to make it richer. Maybe a dollop of butter. You could add it to mashed potato or sweet potato if you wanted to add more bulk. Ds also used to like it mixed with some spinach and again plenty of butter.

fishie Mon 03-Aug-09 12:04:14

or you could make it into fritters with egg and a bit of flour?

KnickKnack Mon 03-Aug-09 12:06:40

with chicken

with mashed potato

with chicken and mashed potato

on its own

with carrot

(how old is she?)

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 12:07:56

oh and sweetcorn is excellent in American-style pancakes, esp with cheese and/or ham

titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 12:30:04

she is 10mo an doesn't do bread rice potato or pancakes. so wanted a tasty veg puree.

titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 12:32:47

wuglet, thanks for asking, we are doing fine and back to hosp tmw for follow up to see how she's doing. Generally she is doing great, eating is slowly improving, and she is gaining weight! We hope to have ng tube out in next couple of weeks.

FaintlyMacabre Mon 03-Aug-09 12:33:28

Mix with some coconut milk/cream? That would add some fat as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now