Talk

Advanced search

cutting back on milk feeds & moving onto a beaker..

(4 Posts)
katherine2008 Sat 01-Aug-09 14:03:16

my dd is nearly 11 months old, and has an on/off relationship with milk - especially her afternoon bottle. should I be thinking of weaning her off it now anyway, and if so, should I replace the bottle with a snack? she drinks about 4oz in the morning from a bottle, the rest goes in her cereal, and about 6oz from a bottle before bed. And how did anyone find moving onto a beaker?!! any advice appreciated! x

Deanna1977 Sat 01-Aug-09 14:51:51

Hi Katherine. Have replaced afternoon bottle with snack (yogurt/biscuit) recently. My DS (101/2 months) seems fine with this.

No tips about moving to beaker I am afraid but if your DD is only having a morning & bedtime bottle I don't think there's too much of an issue there.

Seona1973 Sat 01-Aug-09 20:02:35

ds started using a beaker for one of his milk feeds from about 9 months. As his intake increased from the beaker I started moving his other feeds to the beaker too. He was off bottles by 10 1/2 months. Why not offer the afternoon milk in a lidded beaker along with a snack and use it as an opportunity to introduce the idea of milk from a cup. She doesnt have to take much at first as she can make up the intake in the other 2 bottles.

katherine2008 Sun 02-Aug-09 10:02:13

thank you both - out of interest what are the best snacks - we have a yoghurt a day as pudding, fresh fruit in the morning and a fruit puree a day as a pudding...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now