Talk

Advanced search

Sippy Cups

(3 Posts)
BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jul-09 08:30:22

DS (10 months) has been having water out of one of those very basic Tommy Tippee cups (the one's that HVs give away) for about 4 months and can handle the cups well. I like them because they are virtually leakproof to take out. I have recently started giving him milk in them and that is fine too. I also have a Doidy cup which we use maybe once a day, maybe a bit less, but he is not very good at it yet.

Went to supermarket to buy some more the other day and there are so many different types of cups, all with different ages on.

Is there any reason why I can;t just stick with the simple TT cup and persevere with the Doidy cup? I guess that the ultimate aim is for him to drink from a "proper" open cup - so do I really need all these different fancy ones in the shops?

Seona1973 Wed 29-Jul-09 09:06:08

no you dont need all the other cups. DS ended up using an open cup at meals and a lidded type of cup while out and about. Lidded cups included sports cups, a tesco cup with integrated straw and a bigger tommee tippee flip up cup (the super sipper, I think). We use the coloured plastic beakers from ikea, although tesco had similar ones in the other week too.

BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jul-09 12:28:03

Thank you Seona. That's what I thought - other cups are another money-making gimmick. And I already have a good stock of the Ikea beakers for my friends' children when they visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now