Talk

Advanced search

Stock cubes & salt

(6 Posts)
Hulla Tue 28-Jul-09 14:45:08

DD is 6 months old and I am planning to make a casserole later. I meant to get some baby stock cubes from Boots but completely forgot. We do, however, have "very low salt" stock cubes which have 0.02g of sodium per 100ml of stock. I know that converted to salt this will be higher but wondered if it is ok to use?

DD hasn't had anything else which contains salt today.

Any ideas? I've googled it and it says they're to have less than 1g of salt per day.

spicemonster Tue 28-Jul-09 14:46:40

That is fine

BertieBotts Tue 28-Jul-09 14:48:13

Yep low salt stock cubes are fine. Remember she will be eating a tiny amount

Hulla Tue 28-Jul-09 15:04:53

Thanks very much both of you. I am finding this weaning malarky a bit harder than I expected - shopping took about an hour longer and dh was sick of me checking the salt content in just about everything!

Hulla Wed 29-Jul-09 15:54:10

Just an update, these stock cubes have no added salt so the sodium must come from the celery/beef or something. They were very good so if anyone wants to know they are Kallo Organic very low salt stock cubes. I got them from a normal supermarket.

BertieBotts Wed 29-Jul-09 17:39:25

Yep I think Sainsbury's do them, I know tescos don't and that is where we usually shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now