Talk

Advanced search

Please help me think of some ideas for blw my very allergic wee man

(7 Posts)
barbareebaa Tue 21-Jul-09 21:45:25

He is allergic to wheat, fish, soya, eggs, cows milk, peanuts sad
At the moment he is having 'free from' toast and vitalite and fruit for breakfast, toast and veggie pate for lunch (and fruit) and roast dinner for tea (which is a right fanny on if you don't mind me saying)But he loves it and manages really well.
And breast milk.
We are waiting for an appointment to see a dietician but any suggestions in the meantime would be gratefully recieved!
TIA
B smile

MiniMarmite Tue 21-Jul-09 22:34:52

How old is he?

How about?:
-rye bread
-cooked polenta cut into finger food with veggies
-cornmeal/rice pasta with a sauce (pureed carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms etc)
- steamed veggies and sliced or mashed avocado/hummous (although not sure if you are avoiding hummous due to sesame content)
- doves farm or other wheat free cereals
- have you tried lactofree milk products?
- lentil patties with steamed veggies
- falafel
- Strips of chicken and other meats
- chips smile

are you doing any spoonfeeding or avoiding that altogether?

babyOcho Tue 21-Jul-09 22:35:17

Poor little guy.

What about corn pasta, or even quinoa pasta with a tomato based sauce.

barbareebaa Tue 21-Jul-09 22:56:23

Thank you for your responses!
Avoiding tomatoes after we tried him with homemade bolognase - waiting to test for that.
Will look up Doves farm and check out polenta (have never had/ cooked polenta)is that potato?
We do loads of veggies and chips (homemade wink) and he has had beef, chicken pork.
Will look up lactofree - is that a brand?
Am notspoon feeding as he doesn't like it/ won't have and he is doing so well feeding himself. He s 8 months.
He alsmost had corn pasta but had to call an ambulance when he started wheezing after the smallest dab of sauce - so can give that a try.

MiniMarmite Tue 21-Jul-09 23:06:13

Dove's farm (you can buy in Waitrose and Sainsbury)www.dovesfarm.co.uk/index.html

Polenta is cormeal - www.polenta.net/Recipes.htm, you can also make polenta chips.

I've not had lactofree but, yes, a brand:
www.lactofree.co.uk/

Good luck smile

trixymalixy Tue 21-Jul-09 23:17:14

When we were avoiding tomatoes with DS, I used to make bolognaise with pureed beetroot (the cooked fresh stuff, not the stuff in vinegar) and grated carrot replacing the tomato, was very nice.

Other ideas:
rice cakes
oatcakes
meatballs
sweetcorn fritters
potato wedges

If he's allergic to the milk protein then he won't be able to have lactofree. You could try oatly milk and cream substitute instead, which we buy in Tesco.

I make lasagnes with a white sauce made from Oatly.

girlsyearapart Thu 23-Jul-09 14:56:43

we get a kids wheat free pasta from tesco with bob the builder on. She's only 10mo so doesn't give a stuff about bob but it's smaller and easier to eat. Also lots of broccoli. Organix do different rice cakes and cereal bars no wheat or dairy. Goodies have some crisps too. We also give her jelly and fruit puree but if you're not using a spoon that's not much good..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now