Talk

Advanced search

anyone mind sharing their nine month old milk habits

(5 Posts)
Jane7 Thu 16-Jul-09 22:19:10

Hi, I'm giving my nine month old 150ml of formula four times a day (7am, 11am, 4pm and before bed at 7.30pm). But by the time I give him his last bottle (after bath in the bedroom) he's really too tired and doesn't want it. He only has a sip or two. This means he's only drinking about 450ml a day. Does this matter? Cld anyone tell me their milk pattern for a baby this age? Maybe I should just give him three feeds a day. Maybe I shld drop last feed altogether...he eats a good hearty supper at about 6pm/6.30pm - any advice much appreciated

Rhian82 Thu 16-Jul-09 22:25:38

I'm breastfeeding so I'm not sure how much he's getting, but it does feel like he's starting to have less now. Saw the HV a few weeks ago and she said he should be having about 600ml a day, so I don't know really.

Not much help am I?! But I'd like to know what other people's answers are.

drinkyourmilk Thu 16-Jul-09 22:31:25

7am offered 240ml (takes most and then the rest is added to cereal)

10am offered small snack (2 mini rice cakes or somesuch)

1130/12 lunch (we're blw - so no idea how much is actually being ingested!)

230 offered 240ml (usually takes 170ish, but can drink the lot)

5pm dinner

630/7pm (depends on how much dinner went in) 240ml offered (usually takes 200-240)

HTH x

waytoomuchchocolate Fri 17-Jul-09 07:51:14

hi there

6.30am (ish!) 7oz milk (usually all gone)

8am Breakfast which has about 2-3oz milk in the cereal

10am couple of rice cakes or breadstick + water

12.30pm Lunch +water

2.30pm 7oz milk (usually all gone)

5pm Dinner

6.30pm - 7pm 8oz milk (usually all gone)

ds is now just 10 months and we've only just cut out an additional milk feed at 10am, but that was only 3oz.

it sounds as though your ds is having plenty of milk during the day so wouldn't worry about that.

but i wouldn't drop the last feed - i'd be temtped to move that 4pm one a bit earlier maybe so that it's not all so much from 4pm onwards?

or, i split the last feed - half before bath and half after as sometimes ds also too tired to drink a whole bottle by the time bath is over.

HTH.

girlsyearapart Fri 17-Jul-09 08:02:31

Hi DD2 just turned 10mo. Due to allergies and low weight we have to give her 9 scoops in an 8oz bottle so it's a bit more concentrated.

6-630 am 8oz bottle
8ish cereal/rice cakes

10-1030 8oz bottle more cereal if we can

sleep

1-130 lunch and pud

sleep
rice cakes/other snacks. She is v limited on choice!

5 dinner and pud
bath

6 8oz bottle and you guessed it more cereal!

7 bedtime.

TBH she would probably leave out the mid morning milk if there were more foods we could give her/she wasn't underweight. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now