Talk

Advanced search

Sudden dramatic poo change in DD 7 months, is she dehydrated?

(6 Posts)
smellybulldog Wed 15-Jul-09 10:19:59

DD has always had yellow runny breastfed poo, until we started BLW when it became yellow runny breastfed poo with bits in. This morning after 2 days without pooing she produced a proper brown adult style solid turd. Does this mean she is not getting enough water?

KingRolo Wed 15-Jul-09 10:37:54

Mine did this. Totaly normal as far as I know. Once they start eating solids the digestive system takes a while to get used to it so you can expect the unexpected for a few weeks!

greensnail Wed 15-Jul-09 14:28:44

DD seems to alternate between solid and runny, always more solid if she goes a few days between poos. So long as she's not having any bother passing it I wouldn't worry.

Rhian82 Sat 18-Jul-09 17:26:51

As long as her nappies are wet that should mean she's hydrated. As babies get more established on solids they move on to 'proper' poos, it's what DS did at about that age I think.

cara2244 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:15:59

My 7 month old baby has this too! A sudden change from runny BF nappies to virtually no poo at all. I thought it may be to do with me doing 3 days at work last week - on the second day, he refused all milk until I got home.
I have tried cutting down on wheat/cereals and cutting out bananas. He eats loads of fruit and veg anyway and drinks some water (including bath water...) He is BLW.
But still no poo for days and I am worried.

ChocOrange05 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:02:12

prune porridge!! chop up some soft prunes and add it to some porridge, works a treat! For BLW-ers you might need to spoon feed them this to ensure it goes down and has effect! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now