Talk

Advanced search

Quiche for a 1yo?

(8 Posts)
Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 10-Jul-09 13:34:04

We are stuck in a lunch rut and I'm wondering about giving DS some quiche occasionally. I don't make my own, 'tis Waitrose.

Any thoughts?

CMOTdibbler Fri 10-Jul-09 13:36:07

No problem. DS has always like choosing from the deli counter stuff too if you fancy some experimentation.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 10-Jul-09 13:45:54

ooh that's a good idea.

He is very good at trying new things, the only thing we seem to get a bit stuck with is oily fish.

Egg Fri 10-Jul-09 13:54:31

My lot all love quiche and have had it from a year old. It is a bit salty but ok if it is not every day I am sure! It's great as can be cooked from frozen - hurrah!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 10-Jul-09 13:56:27

Egg the one I have isn't too salty, only 0.2g for the amount that DS would have.

He is sat next to me now happily munching through a slice, he is making his yummy noise so I think we have a hit here!

Sheeta Fri 10-Jul-09 13:59:38

excellent idea, thank you!!

CMOTdibbler Fri 10-Jul-09 14:00:03

Have you tried fish pate ? The sort where smoked fish is blended with soft cheese ? DS was very keen on it at that age.

If you feel poncey, sushi goes down very well too

puddock Fri 10-Jul-09 14:04:55

ooh yes, quiche and frittata and that sort of thing goes down a storm with my just-one DS - as does smoked mackerel pate of the sort CMOT describes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now