Talk

Advanced search

Quick BLW pasta question

(8 Posts)
lobsters Tue 07-Jul-09 17:02:58

I'm about to give DD pasta for the first time, I'm giving her fusili. How is it best to serve it, plain, with some butter on, with olive oil, or with passta?

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 17:04:23

whatever you think she would like

butter and oil can make it a wee bit slippery though

i;'d just plonk it on the tray plain for now and when she has got to grips with it,add a sauce or butter

greensnail Tue 07-Jul-09 17:17:05

we've always done it with some kind of sauce, sometimes dd goes through snd sucks all the sauce off first, then goes back to eat all the pasta!

Marthasmama Tue 07-Jul-09 17:19:03

I normally give dd some plain and some with sauce but when she was just starting out she did struggle with the saucy pasta.

lobsters Tue 07-Jul-09 19:14:57

Well plain pasta didn't go down too well, so will have to try it with sauce this time. Can I just say I love this BLW malarkey, it's so much easier than having to faff about with purees etc.

Marthasmama Tue 07-Jul-09 21:02:09

It still amazes me to watch 9 month old dd eat prawn stir fry and noodles with the rest of us!

ChocOrange05 Wed 08-Jul-09 21:58:47

How about something like cream cheese - it won't be as slippy as other sauces?

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 12:17:13

I used to do it with cheese and pesto or plain with a bowl of tomato sauce for DS to dip it in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now