Talk

Advanced search

DS doesnt like milk, what evening drink is best to give? and which juice is best?

(7 Posts)
fnm Tue 07-Jul-09 13:20:24

Mt DS doesnt like to drink milk, he will have it on his cereals but thats about it. I have tried adding sugar, warm/cold, adding coco and turning it into milkshake but he just doesnt like it.
So, my question is, what evening drink is best to give, at the moment he is having juice, thats all he drinks, he doesnt like water either sad but his juice is weak.
oh and one more, which juice is best to give, all natural juice or no added suger? i tend to stay away from the no no added suger coz of all the addetives, but then the others are just full of sugerhmm

PrincessToadstool Tue 07-Jul-09 13:23:12

Rocks Organic are pretty good. I'd much rather my DS had real sugar than aspartame.

How old is he? What about something like Horlicks - no idea if it's suitable, sorry if not blush

fnm Tue 07-Jul-09 13:34:27

Thanks for replying, he is 18 months now, has never liked cows milk (only formula, but hes gone of that now!!) he has a huge appetite and will eat almost whaever is put infront of him. grin
Ive not tried the horlicks, but i can give it a go, have never heard of the rocks organic, wheres that from? do supermarkets sell it?

PrincessToadstool Tue 07-Jul-09 13:38:34

You can get in Waitrose or Sainsburys, not sure about Tesco though. It's a bit more expensive but if you just use a drop and keep it in the fridge it's much better than cheap stuff.

I would really try and get him back onto water - am doing this now with my DS, he used to drink nothing but water but when it got hot I started giving a bit of juice to encourage him to drink more - so now I am making it weaker and weaker until hopefully there will just be water!

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 12:20:12

I would only give freshly squeezed juice. you can either do it yourself or by it from the supermarket. Lidl do it quite cheap if there's one near you.

Have you tried gradually reducing the amount of juice you put in the water until eventually he is happy with just water?

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 12:52:53

Horlicks does have salt and sugar in BTW so you might want to make your own version using malt powder.

posiedullardparker Thu 09-Jul-09 12:54:49

My dss, at that age, had no drink before bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now