Talk

Advanced search

BLW salty foods under 1yo? Hot smoked trout?

(4 Posts)
titferbrains Mon 06-Jul-09 14:52:20

What's the deal wiht giving salty foods like ham, smoked salmon or trout etc?

My DD is a terrible eater, only eats the tiniest nibble of anything tho she is getting better and better at trying things and keeping lumps in her mouth which I'm really pleased about. I've tried to give her a bit of whatever I'm having and lots of pieces of cut up fruit and veg but she's not getting any meat or fish really, I'm a bit scared of giving it to her for some reason blush

Gave her a bit of ham today which she nibbled daintily for a nanosecond.

I have some hot smoked trout I got for myself to munch on, ok to give her a bit?

My theory is that it's better that she tastes things, given that she actually swallows so little. so we have given her the odd proper biscuit, salad with dressing on etc.

YR thoughts?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Jul-09 21:13:25

Sounds about right to me. From the off DD had curry or whatever. The only thing we didn't give her was gravy. 98% of it went on the floor anyway.

DS has done the same, except of course being the second child also gets to steal whatever DD is having so hence has had even less suitable foods plus catbiscuits hmm

Both are thriving though grin

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 12:29:02

I try to not give too much ham, bacon, cheese, smoked fish etc because of the salt content but once in a while is fine.

titferbrains Thu 09-Jul-09 14:25:10

thanks. she is showing no interest in meat anyway so will just keep plodding on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now