Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone else do BLW and end up with a hellishly fussy child?

(10 Posts)
kathyis6incheshigh Sat 27-Jun-09 13:07:07

I despair of ds.
He is 2.6 and eats the most restricted diet it is possible to survive on. The only fruit and vegetables he will touch are bananas, cucumber and occasionally a tiny bit of home-made pizza with tomato sauce.
Ironically I did everything 'right' - bf till 13 months, BLW, whereas dd was only bf for 6 months and weaned at 4 months onto purees and has always been an absolutely brilliant eater.
I know this doesn't prove anything whatsoever (sample size of 2!), I'm just wondering if anyone shares this experience. I'm going to have a hard time convincing dh we shouldn't do purees with the 3rd!

phdlife Sat 27-Jun-09 13:20:20

can't help with the experience, kathy, but my db and dnephew (dsis's 8yo) are similar. db survived on diet of peanut butter sandwiches and steaks, and the closest he ever got to veg was chips. dnephew has such a thing against veg that if he knows he's swallowing some he will vomit. I think some kids are just like that.

and tell your dh my ds (2.2 and blw) is such a fantastic eater he and your ds probably cancel each other out. wink

kathyis6incheshigh Sat 27-Jun-09 13:22:20

Thanks PhDLife - if I have enough examples to cancel him out it will be easier to decide on BLW for #3!

kathyis6incheshigh Sat 27-Jun-09 17:50:12

bump....

chevre Sat 27-Jun-09 17:51:56

yep, dd was like this. she is a good eater now and tries anything.

kathyis6incheshigh Sat 27-Jun-09 17:55:17

That's good to hear Chevre. He's just refused some lovely sweetcorn which dd scoffed happily!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 27-Jun-09 17:55:57

Not fussy but still extremely messy when she eats!

caspercat Sat 27-Jun-09 21:14:23

DD 3 yo and BLW. Eats brilliantly. Hoping to do same with DS (4 mths) x

iwantitnow Sun 28-Jun-09 09:47:09

DD BLW now 2.7 years old, BF til nearly 2 and extremely fussy hardly ate any solids until she was 2 - drove me close to depression.

Probably method of feeding doesnt impact how well they will eat but there are quite a few people here that seem to think BLW=brilliant eater, glad I'm not alone to have a child that didnt eat doing BLW.

Got a 3 month old who will be puree fed and aim to stop BF at a year. Main reason I found the constant BFing very tiring post 6 months as DD had to get her calories from me not food. Have a toddler too to look after so think purees might be more effective with DS. Yes food might be fun until they are one but wasnt much fun BFing so much for me. Poor boy will get stuffed with purees! Sure BLW with formula feeding is much easier.

kathyis6incheshigh Sun 28-Jun-09 18:33:10

Goodness Iwantitnow - bf a child who doesn't eat for that long would be a killer. I wasn't exclusively bf after 6 months, thank goodness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now