Talk

Advanced search

think we've started solids

(4 Posts)
kazbeth Wed 24-Jun-09 19:53:56

For those that wanted to wean at 6 months - how strict were you in waiting until 6 months?

Just wondering as my little girl is just over a week off 6 months and nabbed a cucumber slice out of my hand today!! It seemed a bit ridiculous to take it off her for the sake of a week. Anyone would swear it was double choc chip cake lol She loved it - didn't actually eat any of it as such.
So this evening I made pasta bol and gave her some pasta with sauce (salt free) and I don't think I've seen her so excited.

My eldest was at least 7 months before she would even try anything so this is a bit new for me .. should I carry on or wait a week or two or is that just mad and neurotic (I seem to have a case of pfb with my second - I'm sure I was more chilled with my first grin

nickytwotimes Wed 24-Jun-09 19:55:15

I think for the sake of a week, let het nibble! You are near enough, so personally I wouldn't sweat it.

Habbibu Wed 24-Jun-09 20:05:41

I'd just get on with it, tbh... we were 6 mo or thereabouts, but certainly not to the day.

kazbeth Wed 24-Jun-09 20:10:54

Thanks.

She does seem far more ready than my first was. Looks like I'll have to start reading the blw posts to gt some ideas as I think she won't be too fussed by purees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now