Talk

Advanced search

when to stop formula? what is fastest flowing beaker?

(11 Posts)
lilyrose123 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:46:25

my daughter just turned one few weeks ago and upon til now has refused all attempts at getting her to drink anything but milk from anything but a bottle, this week she has decided she will drink juice and water from sippy cups! and even her morning milk!runs before she can walk!

previously we have tried tomme tippee with non spill hard rubber spout, nuby beakers, free flow tommee tippee, boots trainer bottle, and two types of avent!

she now has juice and water from avent non spill cups, morning formula from tommy tippee free flow, but still needs bottle at night due to being tired/impatient and needs a fast flow, she has bit all her teats so milk flows reallt fast and the beakers dont go quick enough for her, any suggestions on the fastest flowing beakers out there?

also she sometimes has small drinks of whole milk and has it on her cereal but when do you switch from formula to whole milk?

still on aptamil stage one cos last time i asked the health visitor about the different stages they told me they are all the same and its just a marketing gimmick?? so ids there no point in the growing up milk? and if there is when does that stop?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 20-Jun-09 21:54:17

if she is having a balanced diet there is no reason at all for her to still be having formula.
As for the bottle, do that in your own time. you don't need to see the end of formula as the end of a bottle unless you want to.

there really is NO point in growing up milk unless your child doesn't have a balanced diet.

there is a ridiculous advert at the moment about how much Iron your child needs per day and the amount of cows milk it would need to fulfill that requirement. it forgets that your child should be eating as well.

sorry little rant there..

lilyrose123 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:21:13

thanks
i pretty much thought if diet ok it may be ok to start replacing some formula for whole milk but wasnt sure.

yeah i seen that advert, misleading isnt it?

anyone any ideas on a fast flow cup?

MatNanPlus Sat 20-Jun-09 22:23:21

What about the 360 cup?

lilyrose123 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:25:28

whats that? who by?
not heard of that one?

moaningminnie2020 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:28:30

When DD stopped having her night time milk in a bottle she had a normal open beaker with a straw in it. We changed to cows milk to drink from not long after turning 1.

Still has water in a tommee tippee flip top cup. Open beaker some of the time until she starts tipping it onto the dog/floor/etc.

Doidy cups supposed to be good but DD never been keen tbh.

lilyrose123 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:31:00

ok so i've googled the 360 cup, looks interesting, and a good contender, whats the flow like? and where can you buy them?

she can't use a straw yet, but i'll look at the doidy cups now x

lilyrose123 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:41:11

doidy cups look like they could be messy but suprisingly the reviews are good for it?

moaningminnie2020 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:46:50

They do make sense, when you look at them in the flesh. Stick to water only in it until had more practice, at least it won't stress you out when it all goes on the floor lol.

MatNanPlus Sun 21-Jun-09 16:37:35

Doidy cup is good.

The 360 flow is good some tesco and boots stock them.

lilyrose123 Mon 22-Jun-09 20:36:27

got a 360 cup today from sainsbury's today £3.60 which i thought was quite good, she hasnt the hang of it yet but we'll keep trying x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now