Talk

Advanced search

Do you think some babies are just more suited to BLW?

(5 Posts)
Ceebee74 Fri 19-Jun-09 20:34:42

DS2 has just turned 7 months old - my intention was to do the traditional purees combined with finger foods but he just loves feeding himself with finger foods so much that the majority of his meals are finger foods. His hand-eye co-ordination is fantastic and I don't think he has ever missed his mouth once tbh and tonight he demolished a adult-sized ricecake with philly on followed by a biscotti biscuit and there was hardly any wastage. I am amazed at what he can eat at 7 months old tbh.

I don't remember DS1 ever being so keen on finger foods and was quite happy to be spoonfed and tended to play with any finger foods.

Do you think that some babies just suit BLW?

FairLadyRantALot Fri 19-Jun-09 20:37:04

hmmm...not sure about that...but glad it's such a success for you both grin....

however, I suppose some Kids are just more determined than others...and some just love food...whilst others take time....if you think just how much sensory stimuli eating is...it makes sense....

SoupDragon Fri 19-Jun-09 21:00:28

I think some babies don't suit finger foods. DD was utterly horrified.

Ceebee74 Fri 19-Jun-09 21:07:31

Soupdragon I guess that is what I mean - some babies are completely suited to BLW and others are totally not suited to it and I guess there are lots of babies 'in the middle' so to speak smile

Sputnik Fri 19-Jun-09 21:39:53

Mine would unfailingly throw it to the floor. I gave up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now