Talk

Advanced search

Worried DS isn't eating enough & not sure what else to do!

(3 Posts)
NormaSknockers Thu 18-Jun-09 13:34:18

DS was weaned on purees just before 6 months & ate really well, don't think he turned his nose up at anything & seemed to really enjoy his food.

DS is now 10 & a half months & about 1-2 months ago I started introducing finger food...much to his disgust, needless to say it's not going particulary well.

I haven't made any purees in recent weeks & have just served him up whatever we've been eating, he will pick at things, put things in his mouth then spit them out again, choke/gag on things frequently, clamp his mouth shut & refuse to let me put anything in but also won't put things in himself in any great amount.

For example I served up a lunch of cucumber, ham, tomatos, cheese, bagel with cream cheese & carrot crisps. DD & I sat at the table also. DS has sucked the cheese off one quarter of a bagel slice, eaten a spec of ham, sucked on a few cucumber slices & munched about 2 carrot crisps. He also gagged on some cheese & threw up in between all this.

Does this sound about right? Is such little food ok?

He's certainly not wasting away, drinks his formula still as well as water & often has yogurts too.

Do I just persevere with what I'm doing or should I introduce purees again?

Sorry for the long ramblings....

Knickers0nMaHead Thu 18-Jun-09 14:23:16

i would carry on with what you are doing. He will get the hang of things eventually. I think hes probably just getting used to the new textures and how things look and feel. ime, i wouldnt worry too much.

NormaSknockers Thu 18-Jun-09 20:42:34

Thanks, dinner was much the same (tuna & sweetcorn pasta) 99% ended up on the floor/in the dog/squished in the corner of the highchair/on his sisters plate & a minimal 1% went into his mouth hmm

I just get worried that he's going hungry but at the same time need to persevre with it else I'll be spoon feeding him when he's 12 lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now