Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BLW lazy question...

(8 Posts)
ijustwant8hours Thu 18-Jun-09 13:14:24

If i start BLWing at 6 months do i still have to introduce foods one at a time and with caution or is part of the point that i slap down bits of whatever we are having (as long as not unsuitable grin) and let dd choose what she wants?

I understood the latter but apparently I am on a mission to either starve, choke or kill dd by allergies.

Sorry for the stupid question - I have the book on order....

babyOcho Thu 18-Jun-09 14:17:32

If there is family history of allergies then proceed with caution. Otherwise you can in theory offer whatever you have, but keep it as salt free as possible.

Also avoid whole nuts (choke hazard) and honey (infant botulism).

Knickers0nMaHead Thu 18-Jun-09 14:19:05

Ds gets, within reason, whatever we are having. Im very lazy!

CMOTdibbler Thu 18-Jun-09 14:20:48

Slap down a bit of what you are eating. Don't worry if it is suitable or not unless salt packed (suck it off your chips first {grin}), contains whole nuts, or honey. If they don't like it, they won't eat it - but may suprise you greatly !

ijustwant8hours Thu 18-Jun-09 14:57:24

Excellent. we are pretty low salt already since weaning ds and there are no allergies so I will just let her go for it. Wasn't keen on introducing a vegetable a day to be honest.

Oh and for anyone who would like a laugh and a tut.. I have just been told by my mum that if I am not going to wean dd until 6m I should at least give her formula so that she is getting some proper nutrients hmm

Pingpong Thu 18-Jun-09 15:03:15

so your mum isn't in the 'breast is best' camp then ijustwant8hours ?
choice is good - if you only put down broccoli and they don't fancy broccoli it's a bit boring. If you are eating broccoli with your main meal then you can half a cherry tomato and plop down a ricecake with cream cheese - so not exactly what you are eating but you are not spending ages preparing other stuff IYKWIM (so still suitable for lazy mums wink )

ijustwant8hours Thu 18-Jun-09 15:10:56

I don't know what happened to her Smac, i was bf until I was about 18months. Thanks for the lazy mum tips, sounds a very sensible approach!

Pingpong Thu 18-Jun-09 15:38:10

ah not to worry. If you stick with the BLW and LO is tucking into a full roast dinner she will probably change her tune and claim it was her idea in the first place !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now