Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8-month-old still not v interested in solids

(2 Posts)
whiteorchid Mon 15-Jun-09 15:01:06

Have been trying to wean DD onto solids for a couple of months now, but she's still not very keen. She doesn't like being spoonfed, although she will sometimes take a little (grudgingly). She's much more interested in feeding herself, but 99% of what I give her ends up on the floor. She sucks on whatever it is for a bit, waves it around and then just forgets about it, and it ends up on the floor. Unlike DS who ate anything you put in front of him, she is incredibly stubborn. She's also refusing to drink from a bottle or a cup, but that's for another day.....

I'm sure she'd be perfectly happy with breastmilk and nothing else, but I'm concerned that she doesn't seem to be eating much at all. She's not wasting away or anything, but that's because she's feeding half the night <exhaustion emoticon>.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on how to move on?

Penthesileia Mon 15-Jun-09 15:09:37

I've posted about this before.

Don't really have any tips, but my DD - now 1yo - still doesn't really eat solids in large quantities. Some is definitely going down (evidence in the nappies! grin), but she's nowhere near 3 square meals a day, IYSWIM.

She does try everything we put in front of her, so I've decided not to worry about it too much - I figured that if she needs it, she'll eat it.

She's still an enthusiastic bf-er, so that's probably got something to do with it, but I'm not too bothered about changing this - I guess she'll move on when she's ready.

She's also a very chubby little thing (though lengthening out now that she's walking), so she's clearly getting enough of what she needs! grin

WRT drinking - my DD doesn't get on with cups, but last month I tried her with a sports-style water bottle, and she immediately took to it, so she's now drinking lots of water that way. Maybe you could try that?

Anyway, like I said, I don't have any tips - sorry! But didn't want you to feel you're on your own. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now