Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having trouble with the BLW forums? Is Aitch around?

(10 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Fri 12-Jun-09 09:58:02

Sorry to mention it on here but I know there's some overlap.

I joined the BLW forums a couple of nights ago and made a post in the introduction forum. I got a message saying that it needed to be approved before it would appear. 24 hours later I made another post in the new to BLW forum and got the same message. Neither message has yet appeared.

Now I know the admin might be very busy so not got around to approving them yet, but I'm worried I'm getting the message in error. I know some forums require the first few posts from new members to be approved to check that they're genuine, but there's no mention of this on there. There is also quite a lot of spam on there, which presumably hasn't been approved by the moderators. Also there don't seem to be any introductory posts from new members since 2nd June, so I'm wondering if we're all getting filtered out.

Has anyone else joined recently and had problems or am I blackballed?

Cheers

DitaVonCheese Sat 13-Jun-09 11:03:56

Bump! I'm starting to feel invisible

CherryChoc Sat 13-Jun-09 21:59:10

Hello! Sorry no advice, just bumping for you.

DitaVonCheese Sun 14-Jun-09 00:27:27

Thanks! I am going to start stalking Aitch soon ...

DitaVonCheese Sun 14-Jun-09 00:29:12

Doh - forgot to say that I have messaged Aitch and admin on there but the messages are just in my outbox and I don't know how to make them send <bang head on desk smiley>

policywonk Sun 14-Jun-09 10:13:03

Hello dita - I collared aitch on another thread about this - apparently her servers have been hacked and have been temporarily moved. I will give her the link to this thread.

AitchTwoOh Sun 14-Jun-09 22:03:53

oh i'm so sorry, dita, you've not been blackballed, the site's servers were hacked a few days ago and everhting's gone to hell in a handbasket tbh. i can't even log in at the moment (which is why i don't have your message yet, it stays in your sent box until it's picked up) but i'll get onto it as soon as tech sends me a new log in. many apologies.

DitaVonCheese Mon 15-Jun-09 00:11:37

Hooray, thanks policywonk and Aitch!

No worries, I'll try again in a few days. It just looks like such a nice community, plus I thought you would want to know about the problems. Hope you manage to get it sorted out soon (and glad to hear I'm not blackballed grin).

AitchTwoOh Mon 15-Jun-09 00:47:20

i am pretty jealous of your name, btw. envy

DitaVonCheese Tue 16-Jun-09 22:11:34

Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now