Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's blw baby believe she has a right to everything on your plate?

(15 Posts)
deaconblue Wed 10-Jun-09 20:57:39

or indeed food belonging to strangers. I looked round at a soft play place today to find her kneeling up at a man's table begging for his kitkat. Am convinced it harks back to the "try anything from mummy's plate" start of blw.
Also the adventurous eater bit of blw I was looking forward to can be a problem when she doesn't draw the line at hoiking raisins out of the washing machine, scoffing bird poo off the patio doors or her brother's poo!

foxytocin Wed 10-Jun-09 21:01:29

you need to teach that child to boycott Nestle.

my dd2 is the same as blw started at my plate. my fear is one day she'll surprise herself with hot sauce which is a near essential fro me.

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Jun-09 21:01:56

hehehe yes, mine does.
but so did my first, and he wasn't BLW

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 21:03:38

Yep, dd has perfected her baby bird at feeding time face, hence I only ever get two thirds of my tea. Not losing any bloody weight though

MrsBadger Wed 10-Jun-09 21:35:35

yes

this is less endearing now she is nearly 2 hmm

Poledra Wed 10-Jun-09 21:38:07

I didn't do BLW (purees and finger food instead) and she's very much like this - I have no right to anything I am eating unless she doesn't want it grin

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Wed 10-Jun-09 21:39:48

do blw babies ever stop eating?

ds thinks he is in for the long haul when he hits his feast and once he has started woe betide any one who stems the flow wink

whomovedmychocolate Wed 10-Jun-09 21:44:09

LOL - DS (11 months this week shock) managed to escape his highchair in Frankie and Benny's today, rejecting entirely his range of vegetables and fish finger and scoff half DD's ice cream before I managed to retrieve him. He then gave my credit card a good gnawing while I was waiting for the pin machine to arrive hmm

Mind you, both of the little buggers steal everything I have to eat - this is why I am a size 10 and was a size 14 pre-kids - that and chasing the little sods round continually. hmm grin

madwomanintheattic Wed 10-Jun-09 21:47:35

horseradish.

works every time.

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 22:12:10

11 months WMMC shock Bloody hell... I thought dd was growing up fast.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 10-Jun-09 22:15:00

madwoman - DS likes horseradish. Similarly sweet chilli dipping sauce, and he also had a good go at mustard encrusted net from a joint of beef I'd just roasted hmm

DD was the same, chicken jalfrezi at seven months I kid you not - bloody weirdo she is though (probably gets it from her mum). grin

CMOTdibbler Wed 10-Jun-09 22:15:48

DS is 3, and fully believes in this. Which works great as he will eat absolutely anything that is on anyone elses plate to start with.

He likes wasabi too

Coochicoo Thu 11-Jun-09 11:08:03

DD is just the same. I was snacking on olives. feta and garlic the other day and she was helping herself. Turns out she loves all three! Ds (3) was much the same and he's a wonderful eater now; he'll try just about anything.

5inthebed Thu 11-Jun-09 11:31:24

DS3 is on purees and finger foods, but is very much like this. We even had to give him the pizza crust off ds1's plate at Pizza Hut the other day.

ThingOne Thu 11-Jun-09 11:35:34

We used to put extra on our plate of the things we knew they'd go for. Still do when it comes to nice bread at the weekend. Other People's food is much nicer wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now