Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 Months, On solids and constipated. Am I weaning to early?

(5 Posts)
j1no Sat 06-Jun-09 22:07:28

My DS seems to love his food and there's been no problem with solids he eats everything he's given, pureed. But he's chronically constipated and it's difficult to get liquid into him. He's not interested in bottles at mealtimes and just getting the hang of a cup. Am I weaning too early? Or giving him too much solid food?

HumphreyCobbler Sat 06-Jun-09 22:12:30

what is he eating?

i find giving dd a pear and avoiding egg helps

karney Sun 07-Jun-09 22:11:48

My DS was also very constipated at 7 months after I had started him onto solid foods.He screamed in pain very time he tried to poo and he could only manage wee solid poos shock. It was a real shame. I honestly tried everything from stewed prunes and apricots to sugary water but nothing helped. I phoned my GP and he prescribed Lactulose liquid. His constipation cleared up with that. I don't think it was any particluar food that caused it, I think that it was just his digestive system trying to get used to processing solid food. I started weaning him at 6 months, I think some babies are more prone to it that others.

dorisbonkers Sun 07-Jun-09 22:35:51

Hi. I'm BLW my 7 month old daughter and she's got slightly constipated so I've offered her a spouty cup of water or a doidy with each meal. It seems to have helped. That and offering lots of veg, such as courgettes

diedandgonetodevon Sun 07-Jun-09 22:40:29

Slices of orange is our secret to keeping things moving if DS is a bit constipated. Works really well.

Keep offering the cup. He'll soon get the hang of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now