Talk

Advanced search

Getting very upset about lack dd's appetite - please help

(4 Posts)
Sheen4272 Fri 05-Jun-09 21:59:47

My dd is 13mths old. When I first started weaning she'd eat just about anything - now it's just about nothing. I have no idea why she won't eat - particularly as she eats at nursery 3 days a week. She'll eat cereal for brekkie and any sort of fruit or bread during the day but that's about it. I've tried making meals for her but she won't eat. I'm worried I'm doing it all wrong. She has brekkie at 7am, then a bottle (6oz) at 10am (then sleep) but won't eat at lunchtime. What can I do?

PiggyPenguin Fri 05-Jun-09 22:41:19

My 11 month old won't eat any breakfast, will sometimes only manage only half a slice of cheese on toast for lunch and then a small tea. You are not alone!! I know that isn't help, but misery loves company and the truth is there is little you can do. You can't force them to eat (though god knows I'd love to be able to sometimes...) I do try and get in an extra little meal before bed, today it was a bit of cheese and strawberries, and that works quite well for us. Maybe you could try offering meals at different times?

Other than that all I can offer is the mantra that a healthy child will not let itself starve and our children are taking as much as they need. They just don't need that much - in a few years when they are lovely svelte schoolkids proving the gov's obesity figures wrong we will wonder what we worried about. Probably.

Sidge Fri 05-Jun-09 22:43:55

What time is her lunchtime?

Remember milk is food so 6ozs of milk may well be filling her up so she doesn't want lunch.

Offer water or a small cup of milk or very diluted juice at 1000 and see if that makes a difference.

TortillaDeMaiz Fri 05-Jun-09 23:23:58

It seems that many DC lose their appetite around 13-14 months, but it doesn't last forever. Stop offering whatever she has rejected and try new things. Seasonal fruits are almost always eaten well in our house. I always try to offer food while we are on the go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now