Talk

Advanced search

swapping from follow on milk to growing up milk advice needed

(4 Posts)
oliversmarmy Fri 05-Jun-09 01:08:46

currently giving my 8mnth 3 week old boy follow on milk but he wont take a bottle any more and squirms when he smells the milk now....

Is it ok to give him the growing up milk made by the same company even though he's not 10months as the packet states 10mnths onwards...

PLEASE NOTE I AM BREST FEEDING STILL AS WELL!!!!!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 05-Jun-09 07:45:07

You can but it's a big con. Your baby can stick with regular formula till he's one and then go on to full fat cows milk. So long as he is actually eating a good diet it's not necessary. Just another marketing myth to make you feel guilty.

Oh and OF COURSE he likes your milk better - formula of any type tastes rank and he gets a nice cuddle from you.

oliversmarmy Sat 06-Jun-09 15:30:13

ah i c, maybe i'l try that today as he's still not bottle feeding...

any tips for how to get him drinking it other than in his food

moaningminnie2020 Sat 06-Jun-09 23:25:18

If you're still breastfeeding and he has other calcium rich foods like cheese/fromage frais, yougurts, he's probably doesn't need much other milk really, just a good splodge on breakfast cereal and that'll do. Cow's milk/formula isn't a neccessity in itself, he can get the same nutrition from other sources and with other fluid for drinks, water/breastmilk, he won't suffer.

OTOH, I found Hipp follow on was less dodgy smelling than others, that's what DD had - but I'm sure the growing up milk is vanilla flavoured? Practically milkshake lol, I would avoid it to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now