Talk

Advanced search

help! What booster seat with tray have you got that is suitable from 6 months/just sitting up??

(14 Posts)
mad4myboys Thu 28-May-09 20:37:56

ds2 6 months is just about sitting up although wobbly, want a booster with a tray for the car and a few that ive seen arent suitable from 12 months or even 18 months!! Why would this b?Looks normal size! Cant find one that is ok for his age/size other than the safety first one which i found rubbish with ds1

MrsJamin Thu 28-May-09 21:21:48

Why are you using a booster seat in a car? [confused]

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 28-May-09 21:28:48

at 6 months he should still be in a rear facing type seat not a booster.
Mine were'nt in high back boosters till they were 2.5 years old and they are both tall.
I have never seen a car seat with a tray, suspect thats because a tray would cause injuries in the event of an accidnet.

CarGirl Thu 28-May-09 21:30:47

this one looks easy to clean www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Feeding/Highchairs-and-Boosters/Deluxe-Fold-Up-Booster-Seat(0068894)

and this one

www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Feeding/Highchairs-and-Boosters/FisherPrice-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat( 0018744)

CarGirl Thu 28-May-09 21:32:26

I'm assuming she wants a booster style highchair!

mad4myboys Fri 29-May-09 06:09:16

ooh did i laugh!! Sorry ladies i shouldve been more specific, yes i meant highchair booster that i could pack IN the car to take out of the house with me, not a car seat booster!!

thanks cargirl

MrsJamin Fri 29-May-09 06:34:36

Ah! I see. If you want a really compact one I'd go for the Handysitt - this is the only highchair I've ever had for my DS, it's fab. It folds basically flat. But it doesn't have a tray, you need to put it on a chair and put it up to a table.

mad4myboys Fri 29-May-09 10:09:11

yes ive seen that one, looks good but i need one that i can sit him in on the floor aswell as at the table as my sister doesnt have a table and i go there at least once a week for lunch and cant get the buggy in!

MrsJamin Fri 29-May-09 11:33:08

Sure - this argos one looks pretty good for £15

CherryChoc Fri 29-May-09 11:38:08

I've got the fisher price one (the rainforest one though I imagine the cheaper plain one is the same size) and it's done my DS since he was 5.5 months (I know, naughty mummy, but it's ok because it was BLW and he barely swallowed anything) - I tried sitting him in it when we first got it at 4.5 months to see if he liked it and he would flop over sideways. He's quite small, and still not sitting unsupported at 8 months (though I think he could, he just doesn't want to!)

mad4myboys Fri 29-May-09 14:05:32

mrsjamin, thats one that ive looked at that isnt suitable until 18 months......

MrsJamin Fri 29-May-09 14:48:27

I'm sure that would be fine, but I guess you might not want to make the gamble as argos are terrible at taking things back.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 29-May-09 22:05:10

Oh right so the stealth thing has spilled over from aibu to the weaning threads now grinwink

mad4myboys Sat 30-May-09 19:18:47

what are you talking about fibberty??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now